Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheering For Champions.





Go Falcons! Madey got to go cheer her team on yesterday as they played the Millcreek Mustangs at Davis High for the Jr. High girl's basketball championship. She sat with the team and had a blast! The girls played a good game but sadly, lost in over time by 6. We're so proud of them! I don't think the team, coaches, and students of Fairfield jr will ever really understand what they have meant to us and Madey during this ordeal and how truly inspiring their service and love on our behalf has been. It was a big day, full of smiles and adventure. KSL came to interview Madey again and take more pictures. It was a thrill for Madey to have her name and number called as she was wheeled onto the floor and through the tunnel of cheerleaders, SBO's, coaches and teammates. We all would have liked to see her smile under her the surgical mask she had to wear to keep the germs away. At one point coach Osborne asked her if she was ready to go into the game she responded "sorry I promised my dad I wouldn't try to play today". At the conclusion of the game we were touched when her fellow captains wheeled her out on the floor to recieve the second place trophy. What a special moment. We will be ever grateful for the Falcons Girls basketball team, although they came up short in the win column yesterday, they will always be champions in our hearts! We Love You!
Madey will continue her chemo treatments at the beginning of next week. The battle continues and just like her Falcon teammates madey will continue to fight also.

5 comments:

  1. My niece Taylor Moore plays on the Falcon's team and I have been following your story for over a month now. I live in Indiana but was able to watch the girls play in the semi final game. They are a great team and Madey has helped them become even greater. I pray for you and your sweet family. Madey is very inspiring. I wish you all the best and will continue to pray for you until Madey is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you at the game! You are so inspiring! Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute to Madey! I love that school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading that gave me goose bumps! It always helps so much to have such a wonderful support system. We'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I cried when I watched her on TV and now I'm crying again!! Man I love this girl!! Madey is such a fighter and I have learned so much from her. GO Madey!!

    ReplyDelete